You have significant control over the information that is shared with other Turnupbaze users and the public through the privacy settings for your profile:
• We do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their marketing purposes without your permission.
• Information that you post in our community and through our social networking features is available to members of the public.
• We collect information about the tracks played on turnupbaze to make sure artists and copyright owners get paid. We must report listening information to copyright licensing agencies. These reports contain aggregated data only, and do not identify individual listeners.
• We collect information about the stations, tracks and artists you listen to, thumb-up, thumb-down or bookmark, and the information you provide about yourself, to personalize your turnupbaze experience through suggestions of music, artists and other content you may enjoy, as well as advertisements and social networking features. This information is publicly available, unless your profile is marked private.
• Anyone can search for, and listen to, stations that you create on turnupbaze. If your profile is private, then other people can find one of your stations in a search, but your profile will not be linked to that station; however, if someone enters your entire email address into our search system, they will be able to see a list of all the stations created under that email address.
Turnupbaze Media, INC.
(EFFECTIVE AS OF May 24, 2016)
The types of information we collect
There are several areas where you can submit information to us, and some features that automatically collect information from the listeners of our Service and visitors to our website.
Information you give us:
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Service, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information, during your interactions with our Service. For example, we collect information when you:
• Register to use our Service;
• Enter information in your Profile, including the people you are following and the people whom you allow to follow you;
• Post comments on other turnupbaze listeners’ pages, use community and social networking features that are part of our Service, or send us email;
• Participate in polls, contests, or other features of the Service, or respond to offers or advertisements on the Service; and
• Sign up to receive email newsletters.
When you register, we ask you to provide certain information, which includes (but may not be limited to) your email address, birth year, gender, and zip code, as well as a password for your listener account. If you choose to subscribe to fee-based portions of the Service, you will also be asked to provide (at a minimum) your name and credit card information.
Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties and store it in our databases with other information (including personally identifiable information) that you provide to us. Some examples of these third parties are listed below:
• Service partners and advertisers that make features available through the Service;
• Service partners through whom we allow registered listeners to access the Service;
• Marketing companies that create professional marketing lists or sell other marketing data;
• Other websites or applications that you have registered to use, or that people you know have registered to use, when we allow those websites or applications to interact through the Service to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites or applications may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites or applications to opt-out of such sharing.
Information that we receive from other listeners
We may collect information about you from people who have stored information about you when they elect to use our social networking or community features, or when they enable connectivity with another website or application where they have stored such information. For instance, your friends may have stored information about you in places such as their friend lists, address books, or photos on our website and other sites with which the Service interacts.
We also collect your email address when people you know share a station with you, but we will not add your name to any of our mailing lists as a result of this feature.
Automatic Data Collection
Listening Activity: turnupbaze keeps track of your listening activity. turnupbaze uses software that is designed to ensure that artists and copyright owners receive applicable royalties for the tracks you hear. This software identifies and counts the tracks you have accessed. turnupbaze also collects information about stations, artists and tracks you have listened to or in which you have expressed an interest for advertising and social networking features.
Service partners: When you access the Service through a service partner, we may add select aspects of your registration information (such as your email address), so that we can identify which of our service partners or other sign-in pages to send to you when you log on to the Service.
Information about your computer or device: We may also collect information about the computer, mobile or other devices you use to access and listen to the Service. For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device.
• Tracking technology: We use what are commonly called “cookies,” a small data string our server writes to your hard drive, and other tracking technology to help us manage and track your interaction with turnupbaze Services. These technologies collect non-personally identifiable..